Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Here Comes Santa Claus with Ten Books for Me!

Image from The Broke and the Bookish

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme by The Broke and The Bookish, and with Christmas right around the corner this week's topic is perfect.  What are the top ten books you hope Santa will stuff in your stocking?  I told my mother that I didn't want any books this year because I am attempting to read all of the books I own, and as this picture of my book shelves shows, I have a lot - not including what's on my Kindle.  But...here are the top ten books that I want to read but don't own yet.


1 -3. The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins (Don't yell at me!  I haven't had the time to read them yet, but they are number one on my list.)

4. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater (When I first read the synopsis for this book, I wasn't terribly interested.  Flesh-eating horses are not my thing; however, I have read some RAVE reviews of this book, and I loved The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy, so I am looking forward to picking it up.)

5. Thumped by Megan McCafferty (Thumped is the sequel to McCafferty's Bumped and not due out until Spring 2012, but I am dying to get my hands on a copy.  Bumped was hilarious and thought-provoking, and I know Thumped will only complicate the view of society that McCafferty has created in Bumped.)

6. Scars by Cheryl Reinfield (I read a great review of this book at For the Love of YA's blog.)

7. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare (Like The Hunger Games, The Mortal Instruments series has been recommended to me by my highly trusted YA reading friends.  I just haven't found the time to pick it up.)

8. The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jaqueline Kelly (The beautiful cover caught my eye, and the plot synopsis reminds me of some of my favorite childhood books, which I talk about here.)

9. A Long, Long Time Ago and Essentially True by Brigid Pasulka (The plot synopsis reminds me of one of my favorite books ever, Nicole Krauss' The History of Love.)

10. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan (Two of my favorite authors collaborate - I must read this!)

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

2 comments:

  1. The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate is as lovely and charming as its cover. Here is my list http://wp.me/pzUn5-H2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! Glad to know I am not the only one behind on "The Hunger Games"!

    ReplyDelete