|Image from The Broke and the Bookish|
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish. I couldn't resist the chance to celebrate my favorite literary characters with this week's top ten list!
1. Mr. Rochester, Jane Eyre Charlotte Bronte: I am Team Rochester all the way.
2. Hermione Granger, Harry Potter series J. K. Rowling: Score one for the smart girls!
3. Katniss Everdeen, The Hunger Games Suzanne Collins: Another strong female lead.
4. Jessica Darling, Sloppy Firsts Megan McCafferty: Hilarious - Jessica voiced all my angsty thoughts in high-school.
5. Scarlett and 6. Halley, Someone Like You, Sarah Dessen: Their friendship reminds me of my best friend.
7. Dash and 8. Lily, Dash and Lily's Book of Dares, David Levithan and Rachel Cohn: Another set of smart, witty characters.
9. Alma Singer, The History of Love Nicole Krauss: Alma displays a poignancy and resilience not often found in young characters. It is matched by Oskar Schell in Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer, Krauss' husband.
10. Hannah Payne, When She Woke Hillary Jordan: Confession - I am only half-way through this novel, but Hannah's story and emotions already resonate with me so much. I know she is a character that will stick with me long after I put down the book.
Anne Elliott and Captain Wentworth, Persuasion Jane Austen
Digby and Kate, Digby and Kate Barbara Baker
Charlotte, Charlotte's Web E. B. White