Monday, December 10, 2012

Yay for Surveys!

It's that time of the year when surveys abound - almost every blog I've read recently has sported some type of end of the year reflection.  I've been prepping a few end of the year reviews and surveys myself, but today's quick survey from Kelly at The Broke and The Bookish proved too good of an opportunity to pass up.  It's quick and fun and fills in the silence between my Christmas poems and my upcoming reviews and surveys on One of Those Hideous Books Where the Mother Dies by Sonya Sones, David Levithan Recommendation, Collateral by Ellen Hopkins, The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater, the 2012 End of the Year Book Survey hosted by The Perpetual Page Turner, and my Poetry Project mid-year reflection (it runs from July to July) hosted by Regular Rumination.  So stay tuned for lots of page-turning fun and reflection, but for today, enjoy my current reads and feel free to play along!

1. The book I'm currently enjoying:
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater and Invisibility by Andrea Cremer and David Levithan (courtesy of Penguin Group)

2. The last book I finished: The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater - look for a full review coming soon, but here's a preview: LOVED!

3. The next book I want to read: hmmm...does a soon to be released book count?  I'm dying to get my hands on Just One Day by Gayle Forman, which drops in January, but I'll probably try to finish Anna Karenina next.

4. The last book I bought: The Scorpio Races and The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater at the NCTE conference where Maggie and I shared a love for red appliances as she signed my books!!

5. The last book I was given: I've been trying to read everything I own, a daunting task, so I haven't been given a lot of books recently; however, my librarian did hold Ellen Hopkins' newest Collateral for me when it came in, so I could be the first to check it out - make friends with librarians; they got your back.

No comments:

Post a Comment