|Image from The Broke and the Bookish|
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. On this first day of a New Year, we were asked what are reading resolutions are. Here in no particular order are the top ten books I want to read this year.
1-2. The Ask and The Answer and Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness - I started this series last year and loved it, but somehow, I never finished The Ask and The Answer (I'm only about 50 pages in), so I am making this series a priority this year.
3. Just One Day by Gayle Forman - I adored If I Stay and Where She Went, and I can't wait to start Forman's new two part series about a boy and a girl who spend one amazing day together in Paris.
4. The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen - I started reading Dessen in my early teens (!), and I can't believe this is her 11th book!
5. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo - I am a firm believer in reading a book before I see a movie, and I am dying to see Anne Hathaway sing in this new film adaptation of Hugo's classic work.
6. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy - ditto number 5 - I have started this book, and I hope to finish it this year. It's a hefty one.
7. Every Day by David Levithan - Levithan has been hit or miss for me recently, but I've read rave reviews of Every Day, and it's premise reminds me of The Lover's Dictionary, which I adored, so it seems promising.
8. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - not my normal read, but I've read excellent and intriguing reviews (also, look at that cover!), so I'm planning on picking it up. (This will be a great book for the "Outside the Box" reading challenge I'm participating in this year - hosted by Kate at Musings of a Book Lover.)
9. Anything by Courteny Summers - Summers has been on my TBR list for a long time. I'm hoping to rectify that this year.
10. The House of Hades by Rick Riordan - due out later this year, The House of Hades is the final installment in The Lost Heroes series. I read The Mark of Athena last year, and it was the best one yet, so I can't wait to see what Riordan has in store for readers next!