Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Top Ten Tuesdays: Rewind *Book Boys 4/2*

Image from The Broke and the Bookish

This week's Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish was a rewind where bloggers could pick a Top Ten Tuesday feature they missed or wanted to revisit.  This was perfect for me because I have been buried under final exam preparations and papers that needed grading; therefore, my blogging has taken a hiatus.  I had this post almost ready to go for it's real debut a couple of weeks ago, but I couldn't even find the time to post it as a rewind yesterday.  One of these days I'm going to actually create and use a draft backlog.  Until then I will continue to post my Top Ten Tuesdays on Wednesdays or Thursdays or even the occasional Friday.

I love fangirling over some of my favorite book boys, and I am seriously passionate about those I love (see number 2).  Given my immediate interest in this topic then, I was surprised when my list came out to 5 - just 5 - with all the swoon-worthy literary boys out there.  But I've always been a monogamist, so my inability to carry on ten crushes at one time is really not that surprising.
  1. Sean Kendrick from The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater - Sean easily made the top of my list.  He's is everything I love in a literary man, dark, quiet, deep.  Every interaction between him and Puck is so  restrained yet so full of longing.  Oh the romantic suspense! 
  2. Mr. Rochester from Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte - Although Jane Austen's Mr. Darcy often makes readers top ten literary men list, Mr. Rochester always tops mine.  Like Sean above, there is something slightly dark and mysterious about Mr. Rochester.  Plus, he's passionate - translation: good lover.
  3. Ronan Lynch from The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater - Stiefvater has obviously peered into my mind and plucked out my literary crushes fully formed.  Although Ronan is not the main character in the first book of The Raven Boys cycle, his slightly sinister past is oh so intriguing.  I'm looking forward to discovering more about what makes this boy tick in The Dream Thieves
  4. Dash from Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan - Unlike my top three contenders, Dash is not a boy with a dark side.  He's a pretty quirky guy.  What endears him to me is his intelligence, and he loves to read.  Nothing's sexier! 
  5. Marcus Flutie from the Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty - I believe Marcus tops every girl's dream list.  He's got it all: bad boy appeal turned good, intelligence, a way with words and music.  You. Yes. You.  Swoon, swoon, swoon!
Honorable mentions go to Adam from Where She Went by Gayle Forman and Captain Wentworth from Persuasion by Jane Austen (That letter!  It slays me every time!).

Who are your favorite book boys to crush on? Any you recommend that I haven't met yet?  There's room on my top ten for five more!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I read Persuasion recently and I can only agree with "that letter!" And yay for Jess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! In season six or seven, when he comes back and he's written a novel, I'm like why don't you go with him?! I mean I understand the appeal of Logan, but I've always liked Jess better. Ironically, season 3 is my least favorite season. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete