Monday, May 6, 2013

Recommendation: Sunny Point Cafe, Asheville NC (Part 3)

I finally posted Part 2 of my Asheville, NC vacation recap.  I was type, type, typing along when I realized, having carefully cataloged everything we ate from Sunday to Thursday in Parts 1 and 2, I could not for the life of me remember where we ate on Tuesday night.  I called my husband.  "Where did we eat dinner on Tuesday after we visited the Biltmore?" I queried.  He had no idea.  Although I didn't remember any mediocre restaurants on our itinerary, I chalked it up to a nondescript dinner, proofread Part 2, and hit "Publish."  About a week later, it hit me.

Sunny Point Cafe

HOW could I not remember that we ate at Sunny Point Cafe?!?!

This tiny, hole in the wall is off the downtown Asheville beaten track and was recommended to us by the receptionist at The Spa at Biltmore Village, which we had visited a day earlier to book our massage.  It's a casual place, but the food is AMAZING!

Rob and I read and re-read the menu for at least 10 minutes.  We wanted to order two of everything, but we finally decided on the fried green tomatoes appetizer with fresh goat cheese (Yum!!) and the huevos rancheros to split.

O. M. G. I would have taken a picture of the huevos rancheros when they came out because the presentation was beautiful, but I was too busy stuffing my face.  The blend of color and spice was perfection.

Like most places we went in Asheville, Sunny Point is a farm-to-table restaurant, which meant everything tasted oh-so-fresh.  It was definitely one of the top places we ate at, so I thought it deserved its own shout-out.

If you are trekking to Western Carolina for a little mountain air and foliage, stop at Sunny Point for breakfast, and then go back and check out their dinner specials.

Happy dining!

No comments:

Post a Comment